Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi, I had the same issue on my local machine. I'm running Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon and this issue is apparently a PHP issue. Mine was that the php5-xcache module was causing this error. I found it out by removing PHP completely from my system and then by installing each php module one at a time I got this error finally when I ran php artisan serve after I installed the php5-xcache module. So I removed it and it all worked splendidly after that, then continued to install each module I wanted to have and didn't experience any problem with any of the other modules.

It might be something else with your machine, but bear ini mind that many believe this to be an Apache/Nginx issue which it is not. This is a bug with php and you don't need to google around the internet long before you find out that it's php.

Try removing php by purging it and then one by one, install each php module. First install php5-cli, php5-mcrypt, and php5-json alltogether and try running php artisan serve, then install one module at a time and run php artisan serve after each install. Worked for me and I bet that it should work for you.

Last updated 1 year ago.

villimagg, you are a life saver. I was really frustated until I saw your post here. Reinstalled Ubuntu, apache, php5, mysql couple of time with no success. Thanks for this clue. php5-xcache it is. Here's what I did on my ubuntu terminal:

1. sudo php5dismod xcache

2. sudo service apache2 restart

3. Issued this composer command ( from /var/www/html/ directory ): composer create-project laravel/laravel mylaravel --prefer-dist

4. cd mylaravel/

5. php artisan serve

6. Browsed mylaravel app at: http://localhost:8000

Thanks

Yamin

villimagg said:

Hi, I had the same issue on my local machine. I'm running Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon and this issue is apparently a PHP issue. Mine was that the php5-xcache module was causing this error. I found it out by removing PHP completely from my system and then by installing each php module one at a time I got this error finally when I ran php artisan serve after I installed the php5-xcache module. So I removed it and it all worked splendidly after that, then continued to install each module I wanted to have and didn't experience any problem with any of the other modules.

It might be something else with your machine, but bear ini mind that many believe this to be an Apache/Nginx issue which it is not. This is a bug with php and you don't need to google around the internet long before you find out that it's php.

Try removing php by purging it and then one by one, install each php module. First install php5-cli, php5-mcrypt, and php5-json alltogether and try running php artisan serve, then install one module at a time and run php artisan serve after each install. Worked for me and I bet that it should work for you.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

palra palra Joined 24 May 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.