Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Database Eloquent
Last updated 2 years ago.

Dont hate me if I missed something, I skimmed your code, and I think I know what you are looking for.
Nested Relationships:

User::with('userable', 'userable.articles')->find(1);

I'm not sure if the first userable is required.
But Laravel uses dot-notation for lots of nested things. This applies to relationships & nested relationships.

Mh interesting.

Okay with the following

$user = User::with('userable')->find(1);

im getting the users properties as well as the userable properties, which is great. The dot notation isnt working at all, the results are not different from the call above.

When i now try to do the following, im getting again very confusing results:

$user::with("articles")->get();

This results in an array of user objects, with the userable properties AND the articles. So in fact its exactly what i was looking for, BUT the problem is im not getting the expected results ONLY for the earlier created $user with the id 1..its an array of 2 user objects, because currently im having 2 test users in my database.

The only way to achieve what im looking for is setting the $with property directly in the users model, but then im eager loading all this stuff every time im using my user model, which can't be the right way :(.

http://www.laravelsd.com/share/NE3uzq

This is what i've got. What i want to achieve: Having a user id, i want a complete object of the user, its userable properties, all articles with the media and its mediable properties. How can i achieve this?

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.