Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Authentication Views
Last updated 1 year ago.

I would stick to Laravel defaults to make it easier, and use the best practices from Laravel. So convert your passwords, dump the ?query string, use real templates etc.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sounds good.. I think this will be a rather daunting task, but I'll give it my best shot :)

Can I still use some of the code though? I'm sure regular php functions can be ported over, along with some classes?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Yes you can just use those functions/classes, Laravel is still just regular php :) I usually create a lib or src folder in my app folder and let Laravel/composer autoload that. And I create a helper files for common functions.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I advise getting a single feature working first on a single route. e.g. if your app allows you to manage users get that bit working first, you'll soon see then what code might need to be shared across the models/controllers and what needs refactoring.

There are some great tutorials on https://laracasts.com that are good if you are starting out.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.