Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Database Eloquent
Last updated 2 years ago.

Hey ionut,

Have you tried anything so far? It seems pretty straightforward what you are trying to achieve.

An idea for your app: make draggable items of the different classes so that you can drag them onto the schedule, that would make it more fun and interactive to play with your app. You can then save these "states" using ajax to the database.

Describe a bit more, and I/we might be able to help. :)

Hi Reached, Thank you for replying. Didn't try anything yet.

I am not that experienced yet with JS in order to implement your solution.

It would be awesome tho :D.

I'll explain myself a bit more.

What am I trying to achieve here:

I am a student and I'd like to create some kind of schedule for my classes.

For example: | | Monday | Tuesday | Wednesday | Thursday | Friday | |----|--------------|--------------------|-------------------|----------------------------|-----------------| | 8 | Math | English | Physics | Rocket science | Chinese | | 9 | Italian | Gym | Algebra | PHP | JS | | 10 | IT | Electronics | English | Laravel | AngularJS |

The problems that I have are the following:

1. How do I save this table to my database ?
  2. How do I have to structure it ? I mean for each day I have classes at different hours

Obviusly I'm not asking you to implement this for me, not that I would say no tho :D , at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks a lot

The easiest, yet most boring and not necessarily optimal way, would be for you to create a form in your view, that contains all the necessary fields for you to make a single days schedule. You would then fill out this form on every single day of the week.. (Did i mention not optimal?)

Then you grab the submitted data from the database, and show it in a fancy table of some sort on your frontend. If you want an example you would have to wait a couple of days :)

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.