Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication
Last updated 1 year ago.

maybe is only a typo but 'password' is different from 'Password' however to check if not hashed password is the same of hashed password you should use:

Hash::check('password', '$2y$10$ffGWpjSuPGEHooRFoB6el.IDAUJKjHG851WM8FniYfbYGzODcs762');
Last updated 1 year ago.

longilineo said:

maybe is only a typo but 'password' is different from 'Password' however to check if not hashed password is the same of hashed password you should use:

Hash::check('password', '$2y$10$ffGWpjSuPGEHooRFoB6el.IDAUJKjHG851WM8FniYfbYGzODcs762');

Sorry the typo was only in my post above. In my testing I used the lowercase.

Last updated 1 year ago.

If I'm not mistaken, Laravel uses BCRYPT alogrithm to generate hashes. This is a ONE WAY hash, which means that by design, passwords always differ no matter if it is the same string input. I can explain the algorithm my self, but I would rather point you to a more indepth explaination... http://www.sitepoint.com/why-you-should-use-bcrypt-to-hash-sto...

Hopefully that helps.

Last updated 1 year ago.

MineSQL said:

If I'm not mistaken, Laravel uses BCRYPT alogrithm to generate hashes. This is a ONE WAY hash, which means that by design, passwords always differ no matter if it is the same string input. I can explain the algorithm my self, but I would rather point you to a more indepth explaination... http://www.sitepoint.com/why-you-should-use-bcrypt-to-hash-sto...

Hopefully that helps.

correct ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Guys I found my mistake. I was hashing the password again when I should not have been.

app/controllers/RemindersController.php View
  public function postReset()

$response = Password::reset($credentials, function($user, $password)
 		{
		/*	$user->password = Hash::make($password); */
			$user->password = $password;
  			$user->save();
  		});

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

stueynet stueynet Joined 21 May 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.