Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Security Database
Last updated 1 year ago.

Why don't you use the default password reminder functionality? http://laravel.com/docs/security#password-reminders-and-reset

Maybe you are hashing the password twice? For example, you call $user->password = $user->password_temp;, but if you have a mutator on the password field to hash the password, it will hash it twice.

Last updated 1 year ago.

barryvdh said:

Why don't you use the default password reminder functionality? http://laravel.com/docs/security#password-reminders-and-reset

Because I'm new to this and the guy on youtube seems like he knows what he's talking about - I might try that functionality if I can't figure out why this method is not working.

Last updated 1 year ago.

So are you double hashing?

You might get more luck using the default password reminders, as more people use them and know what could go wrong, especially when your new. Did you try asking the guy from the video?

Last updated 1 year ago.

barryvdh said:

So are you double hashing?

I have also tried to remove the hash:: from $user->password_temp = Hash::make($password); to $user->password_temp = $password;

Is that what you meant?

This way it outputs the actual password in the password and password_temp fields of mysql. Still it says the password is wrong when trying to sign in

Last updated 1 year ago.

if not already get that problem, or have the same like me:

It's possibly because you copied the password from gmail with a space. paste the password to an editor so check that.

I typed it by hand or selected from front to end, and it worked!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

cptSp0cK cptsp0ck Joined 14 Jun 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.