Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Database
Last updated 1 year ago.

OKNoah,

First off I have to give you props on another post where you were explaining an install process. Wish I have someone with those skills on my team! :) Anyways let me jump right into it!

Take a look at the image below

Take a look a the picture below. It shows the location of two databases. I know this might be a little strange but I have to ask. Are you aware of them? If so, fantastic

If I were to guess you are using forge.laravel as software to handle your server administration. Are you using a MAC, possibly MAMP?

#Image of the local and production databases files

Image of local and production databases

Normally when I see this kind of message it tells me one of 3 things.

1) Your sql server is having issues, which can be ruled out immediately by checking another local site.

2) You need to check if the user has access to the database via permissions.

3) You might be missing something as simple as a socket.

Am I right?

Some food for thought...

If you want to swim with the big fish, learn their technique and share the love to others! It add more security when you begin hosting files online through Git if Bit.

It add more security when you begin hosting files online through Git if Bit.

You dont have a choice as your business grows into an Agile environment.

See look mom..... no hands!

See look mom..... no hands!

Ouch

Best Regards,

Travis Garner

Envision Your Website

I help leaders identify problems and seize opportunities. Those opportunities are most often in managing product development. I help managers, teams, and organizations to become more effective by applying pragmatic approaches to the issues of project management, risk management, and people management.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hey Travis,

Thanks for the great post.

No, I did not realize there was more than one database.php. Now I understand the concept of environments just from seeing these folders and their contents. I've changed my default server parameters and now it works. I wasn't using Forge either.

I guess I changed config/database.php, then loaded a different environment. But when I later checked out local/database.php, it had the correct settings... and then setting env=local didn't engage those settings. So I'm not sure what's going on there, but default now works for now.

Thanks again, and thanks for your kind words about my other thread.

Noah

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

OKNoah oknoah Joined 7 Jul 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.