Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

Both laravel/laravel and laravel/framework (at 5.2) has 2.8.|3.0. so that should be normal.

Last updated 7 years ago.

tkprocat said:

Both laravel/laravel and laravel/framework (at 5.2) has 2.8.|3.0. so that should be normal.

Well of course i looked in their composer.json and as you wrote, there is support für 2.8 and 3.0, but is it really normal that composer wants to update to 3.1?

Ah sorry, I misread that.

I just tried on one of my sites, symfony/yaml and symfony/class-loader is 3.1 and the rest is 3.0

Adding the 3 dependencies you had: "laravelcollective/html": "5.2.", "dimsav/laravel-translatable": "5.", "barryvdh/laravel-debugbar": "^2.1"

Didn't change anything for me.

It does seem like 5.3 requires symfony 3.1, but that doesn't make sense with your composer.json.

Solution

Fixed it (or rather worked around it): I removed every dependency except for laravel/framework and ran "composer update". Then it updated symfony to 3.0.8 (so stayed on the 3.0 train). After that i included all other dependencies and ran "composer update". It installed all other packages, but still stayed on symfony 3.0. So it seems like a cache-related bug with composer.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

rimace rimace Joined 8 Jun 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.