Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Validation Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.
Solution

Just remember that those packages are built to enable you to get up and running with role-based user permissions pretty quickly, and all hooked into Laravel - for example it builds your migration tables for you, has service providers all ready to role.

So what, you could build that yourself. But lets say you have a users, roles and permissions table - if these have many-to-many relationships you'll need to do things like a custom has-many-through relationship on your user model, which can become quite confusing. If you want to learn and have full control, build it yourself - if you want to do something quickly but not have much of a clue whats going on behind the scenes in your app however have a well tested base, use a package.

As to your second questions - no, memcached works on Windows with Laravel, just isn't as easy as Linux to setup.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi Ehesp thank you for your reply! I'm a bit conflicted because I want to get up and running quickly but I'm also obsessed with knowing every detail. So let's say, I start off using these tools but later on I decide that their power does not fit my needs exactly the way I want, is it going to be easy to drop them? Or is it a better approach to start off with native and custom built components, and add packages along the way as I see fit? Which way do you think is better? Thanks.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

xw1992 xw1992 Joined 20 Jul 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.