Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

Answering my own post here, in case anyone gets the same problem:

The reason for this behavior was because of my homestead-repository (the one that contains Vagrantfile and Homestead.yaml) was inside Dropbox, and I was using that same cloned repo on several computers. Every time "vagrant up" was called, vagrant created a hidden .vagrant-folder that contained meta-info on the newly created vm (among other things, an id). When I switched to a different computer and did "vagrant up", vagrant looked for the vm with that last id. Since that vm obviously was on a different machine altogether, vagrant created a new vm. Switch computer once again, and the same thing happens, and so on, and so forth...

The solution: Either move the homestead-repo outside of Dropbox and map virtual folders to the folders you want inside dropbox (what I did) or clone the homestead repo once for each computer you want to use it with (e.g. homestead imac, homestead pc and homestead work).

Last updated 1 year ago.

Cool, quick question. What was the configuration like with NGINX over Apache? I have a vagrant VM right now that is setup for Laravel but it uses Apache. I'm am interested in using Homestead just because it uses NGINX and I have no experience with it.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

fredrkr fredrkr Joined 11 Jul 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.