Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm going to give this a try. I'm curious about docker. Would you say that performance is about the same as a standard vagrant / virtualbox setup? what version of PHP are you running?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Yes I'm moving away from Vagrant and going to use Ansible+Docker in the future. Great stuff

Last updated 1 year ago.

I really like the idea of Docker, and we are looking to start using it with a rewrite coming up so this is a wonderful post, the only downfall is this really only benefits users on a Linux development machine, for those of us developing on OS-X we would still have to use a VM with a Linux guest and install the docker containers in that virtualised environment, correct?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Docker make use of some advanced Linux kernel-features...so yes, for OSX you still need Vagrant. Why anybody would want to use OSX in the first place is beyond me though :) But, Vagrant is still a great tool!

Last updated 1 year ago.

I just wrote up a blog post about using Docker with Laravel with 5 new custom built Docker images specifically built for Laravel. Splitting up the processes into individual containers is best practice rather than running everything in one Docker container and SSH'ing into it.

http://www.dylanlindgren.com/docker-for-the-laravel-framework

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.