Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

Forge is strictly an easy way to get a hosted environment setup quickly and easily. Once it's done you can disconnect your server from forge which stops forge from interacting with your server unless you allow it to again. It is still up to you to ensure a secure environment.

Taylor is providing only an easy service and an os instance he built and maintains to ensure a stable laravel platform for you to build upon.

You don't have to use it at all if you are worried that the guy who created laravel is going to peak on your code :p

Last updated 1 year ago.

The terms only state that information will be shared specifically with law enforcement in the event they receive an official court order for information.

As cpass said I highly doubt Taylor would have any interest peaking in your code or database lol

Last updated 1 year ago.

jbelcastro said:

The terms only state that information will be shared specifically with law enforcement in the event they receive an official court order for information.

As cpass said I highly doubt Taylor would have any interest peaking in your code or database lol

so why not modify in very clear words the Committed to the customer ?

like FAQ page OR

add to TERMS OF SERVICE ?

:)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Probably because of how the implementation is, where it does not require a commitment to a customer. If you want to use it do so, if not don't. If you only want to use it once to initially deploy a new server easily then sign up, pay the 10 bucks, setup your forge server, disconnect it and never use it again.

Your real TOS should lay with the provider you choose to setup your hosted instance with like Digital Ocean, AWS, etc.. etc.. IMHO

I'd suggest directing these questions to Taylor himself for better clarity.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

flow99 flow99 Joined 1 Sep 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.