posted 9 years ago
Testing
Last updated 2 years ago.

You may have 2 configuration files.

From command line try:

$ php -i | grep 'Configuration File'

// or windows
php -i | find /i "Configuration File"

This should give location of php.ini for cli, you may have another for webserver. Easy way to find that is create a phpinfo() page and serve it.

// file: /your/webfolder/phpinfo.php
<?php phpinfo(); ?>

It said...

Configuration File (php.ini) Path => C:\Windows
Loaded Configuration File => C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.4.12\php.ini

I unistalled wamp and now I get the following when I run "vendor/bin/codecept"

/usr/bin/env: php : No such file or directory

running php artisan from my project folder doesn't even work now =(

If you are using Vagrant and Virtual Box (and presumably Homestead), you should be running your commands on your VM through SSH.

You can edit your files locally (in Windows) which should be replicated on the VM if you have things setup properly.

Wamp or the lack of it shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe you need to review the tutorial to see where you're going wrong :)

I mean everything has gone right until now. I installed vagrant/virtualbox/homestead along time ago. Everything was fine until I tried to run those tests. Then I did what you said. And then I uninstalled WAMP and now I have no access to php commands. So yeah.

I didn't tell you to uninstall anything nor mentioned Wamp, just that you may have more than one php.ini.

The fact that there is more than one php.ini doesn't mean get rid of one, you just needed to make sure that curl is enabled in both.

Eh I figured it out.

Getting this now though.

Call to undefined function Codeception\mb_strpos()

That could be caused because mbstring is not enabled in PHP, which kind of suggests that you're still running commands from the Windows command line rather than on the VM through SSH - because Homestead does have mbstring enabled.

You are going to keep hitting problems until you start doing that.

You need to install Git Bash or some other Unix like terminal.

Basically, after you have run "vagrant up" you should then connect to the VM using SSH and run any further commands from there.

Had the same issue. In my case, I upgraded PHP and didn't realize mbstring was not enabled. If you have more than one .ini, uncomment the following in the right file. (in addition to enabling the curl extension).

extension=php_mbstring.dll

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Infanity infanity Joined 8 Oct 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.