Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 7 years ago
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

CMIIW, all folders is important so u need to upload it all, save all folders except public to one folder (named it laravel), then rename folder public to public_html

next, update file on public_html/index php like this :

require __DIR__.'/../laravel/bootstrap/autoload.php';
$app = require_once __DIR__.'/../laravel/bootstrap/app.php';

$app->bind('path.public', function() {
    return __DIR__;
});

after that, upload..

Last updated 7 years ago.

hi sorry for late reply. Is it normal to upload 98K files to my host?

Use .git to organize and track changes. .gitignore to exclude what will be tracked into production. My .gitignore is

/node_modules /public/storage /vendor /.idea Homestead.json Homestead.yaml .env

In production do composer install and it will build the /vendor dir. node_modules is only for the development server when you run gulp.

@stev do you have tutorial for this? sorry I'm new for this laravel, this is my first project. I know already how to use it but when it comes installing in my hosting server. I'm confuse on how to do it. My second plan is to install putty.exe that will give access to the server. I can use terminal and do more in my server. I don't know if this will work.

If you are not using some kind of Subversion control like git, bitbucket, etc you should definitely check those out. Not only do they make installations easier, but they will save your butt when things happen like a hard drive failure, etc.

You will want to make sure that your host has composer or you can download composer and run it through a terminal. If not you'll probably need to look up some shared hosting solutions.

As for the regular way what you would want to do is commit your changes into GIT and then clone your repository and any changes you make to your repository you could just run a git pull and it would update your website.

If you are not using something like GIT you will want to basically upload all the folders that came with laravel.

app/*
bootstrap/*
config/*
database/*
public/*
resources/*
storage/*
tests/*
... and rest of files in your main directory ...

The reason why I said everything in storage, because it is just simplier in the end if you aren't using something like git to just pull in everything you have. Except the vendor folder. Once you upload everything you can do a composer install on that directory and it will go get the required libraries that laravel needs to run.

I know I do not have a video on my site (https://laracademy.co) and I took a quick look at laracasts but didn't find anything useful besides users saying buy forge, etc. If you want to do some testing you can load up VMWare Player, install an OS like Ubuntu 16 and try installing it on there.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

ace90 ace90 Joined 10 Oct 2016

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.