Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 8 years ago
Requests
Last updated 2 years ago.

The request helper function doesn't exist in Lumen. Where does it imply that it is global? I can't find it anywhere in the docs.

I have also noticed that the auth helper does not work. I looked through the venders folder of Laravel 5.1 and managed to find a couple of files called helpers.php. Comparing the helper definitions between Lumen and Laravel, I noticed that some of the helper functions are just randomly missing. I resolved these issues by copying/pasting the definitions for these helper functions into my bootstrap/app.php file.

I still think it is absolutely retarded that this is not documented anywhere and that Lumen users are expected to dig through the mess of source code that is Lumen 5.1 to figure out how to restore functionality that was arbitrarily left out. I mean, really. How difficult is it to not remove helper functions from a microframework that most definitely requires helper functions to avoid the overhead of facades? And how difficult is it to at least document the omissions or point to the files from which these omissions can be discerned?

thomastkim said:

The request helper function doesn't exist in Lumen. Where does it imply that it is global? I can't find it anywhere in the docs.

http://lumen.laravel.com/docs/releases

"For the full Laravel 5.1 release notes, consult the Laravel documentation." Helpers are not documented anywhere in the Lumen documentation, so the only place to look for this documentation is the Laravel docs. I don't know how else Otwell expects Lumen users to figure this stuff out.

Last updated 8 years ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

k98kurz k98kurz Joined 15 Oct 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.