Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Requests Packages Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

If I understand what you want, maybe you have wanna check laravel 5 route annotation feature: https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/general-discussion/rout...

Last updated 1 year ago.

In Laravel/4 you can use something like

// Admin routes
Route::group(array('prefix' => 'admin', 'before' => 'auth'), function()
{
    // Example route with an admin prefix
    Route::get('/', array('uses' => 'AdminIndexController@index', 'as' => 'admin.dashboard'));
});

Where you need to be authenticated to access any admin route and then your controllers exist in

/app/controllers/admin

and views in

/app/views/admin

models stay the same

Hope that helps.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I think he wanna create the routes automatically...

Last updated 1 year ago.

Code can't write itself :-) but he can use restful routing and wildcards inside the admin prefix. Best I can think of.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I know code can't write itself (fortunately) but, I mean, as far I understand from mehranhadidi question, he wanna create routes automatically from existing controllers... and the better solution I know is route annotation :)

Or resources routing as you wrote before ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

I thought that was new in #5? I'm very new to laravel, just learned the basics of #4 and already moved to #5 (doh)

@mehranhadidi - Maybe #5 is your way forward?

Last updated 1 year ago.

@jacksoncharles yes, route annotation is new in version 5, but isn't mandatory :)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Well, I think the definitive answer to his #4 question using his example controllers would read

// Admin routes
Route::group(array('prefix' => 'admin', 'before' => 'auth'), function()
{
    // Restful routes
    Route::resource('users','AdminUsersController');
    Route::resource('products','AdminProductsController');
});

Which would give him all the basic routes he needs for the two controllers he mentions. Correct me if I am wrong.

5 is a different conversation.

Last updated 1 year ago.

yes, my mistake was to speak about version 5 :) but he was speaking about a new large project to start so, maybe he can start it with version 5 ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

hi everybody, i am very proud of u guys to answer my question as quick as you could <3

first of all i saw that some of you talked about laravel version 5? i didn't saw it on laravel official site? where can i download it? where its docs? and is it final version or not? because i want to use it for a large scale project.

after that i want to make a routing like any other frameworks like kohana, zend, cakephp, & ....

i have seen so many open source project these days of laravel. & i saw that most of them defined their routs manualy. i can't do this because :

i want to create a CMS with laravel. my client's cms has about 70 modules. & each modules has so many actions: (example: basic CRUD)

70*4(minimum actions) = 280 routes i should define on routes.php?????? :(

my project should be something modular & should handle somethings automatically . i should made it with a base of large scale structure. thanks for ur attention <3

Last updated 1 year ago.

mehranhadidi said:

hi everybody, i am very proud of u guys to answer my question as quick as you could <3

first of all i saw that some of you talked about laravel version 5? i didn't saw it on laravel official site? where can i download it? where its docs? and is it final version or not? because i want to use it for a large scale project.

http://laravel.com/docs/master Laravel 5 is currently in development, but it's going to be stable soon. If I am not wrong it should be in this year. On laracasts you can find a serie about the new features of laravel 5 and how to start. You should check it out, I really recommend that.

after that i want to make a routing like any other frameworks like kohana, zend, cakephp, & ....

i have seen so many open source project these days of laravel. & i saw that most of them defined their routs manualy. i can't do this because :

i want to create a CMS with laravel. my client's cms has about 70 modules. & each modules has so many actions: (example: basic CRUD)

70*4(minimum actions) = 280 routes i should define on routes.php?????? :(

This is just the usual way. You can use resource routes and controllers. So you have only one route for actually 5 actions (index, create, edit, update, delete). Take a look at:http://laravel.com/docs/4.2/controllers#restful-resource-contr...

Anyway, I think defining your routes is going to be the least of your problems. There are bigger issues which you have to tackle while developing.

Last updated 1 year ago.
Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.