Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Views Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

Out of the box? No. You'd have to overwrite the Translator behavior to achieve that.

The whole point of using different files is to break up your translations into chunks that separate your translations in a way that makes sense. For example, your notification messages into one file, your admin panel translations, your email messages. So you can always keep a good overview.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I understand the idea behind it, but i would love to have the fallback to messages.php if no file is specified explictly

another question would be then is there a way to switch out the laravel localization to use the pure symfony translation package since that one already has that kind of behaviour built into it

at the moment i have a bigger issue that the translation replacement is not working, i made an issue about it here https://github.com/laravel/framework/issues/6307

so the pain is real, first of all the laravel localization is not working the way it's supposed to be working

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

viiter viiter Joined 4 Nov 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.