Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

Terminal is the mac equivalent of Windows CMD (Command Line Interface), You can still use Laravel without touching the command line, but for better quicker workflow command line is something you should really get into.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I'm stuck here "Make sure to place the ~/.composer/vendor/bin directory in your PATH "

I don't know what that means and I can't find that directory anywhere despite having installed both composer and laravel. I did a search and there is no folder composer/vendor/bin

Last updated 1 year ago.

Because that's mac specific, from the composer download page you should see Windows installer you will need that. this will do everything for you

Last updated 1 year ago.

The purpose of adding compose to your path is so that when you type 'composer' into the command line, the command line will know what you actually want to do.

What is it exactly that you are lost with? Have you downloaded Laravel? You dont necessarily need to use WAMP to see if Laravel is working correctly. You can use the build in web server via artisan by typing

php artisan serve

and going to http://localhost:8000 in your browser

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.