Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

That is interesting package ,

A question , when php artisan are php commend ruuning by terminal , why you are using a lib for run the code from terminal when you can run the php artisan from php !

Am i right ?

serverfire said:

A question , when php artisan are php commend ruuning by terminal , why you are using a lib for run the code from terminal when you can run the php artisan from php !

Am i right ?

Thank you!

If I understood this, you were asking why use a terminal emulator when you can run artisan commands from PHP?

The answer to that question is that this emulator also allows you to run shell commands, not just artisan commands. It also gives you that native shell/terminal experience (somewhat). Also, running commands like any of the artisan migrate or generator commands is something you don't really want to have to write code for as you will only use them sporadically.

This emulator will allow you to run them when needed on a consistent interface no matter what platform you are using as a client.

I hope this answers your question, if you have any others let me know. I'd be more than happy to assist where I can.

Also note that as Laravel 5 is on the way, I have been holding back new updates. but there are several coming soon that I'm sure will help all of this make more sense!

• Derek Bourgeois

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

iBourgeois ibourgeois Joined 27 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.