Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

Win + R -> sysdm.cpl Go to Advanced and click Environment Variables.

Path is the setting in the top, edit it and add:

;C:\Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin

Notice 1: the ; needs to seperate it from the previous and <username> needs to replace with your windows username. Notice 2: Taken from a Windows 8 computer, it might differ slightly on other versions.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Ah right gotcha. Thank you so much!!!

I progressed further into the installation + setup process. (ediiting the Homestead.yaml file)

PROBLEM: When i enter the command - homestead up , i get the following error

Miraj@MIRAJ ~ $ homestead up There was an error loading a Vagrantfile. The file being loaded and the error message are shown below. This is usually caused by a syntax error.

Path: C:/Users/Miraj/AppData/Roaming/Composer/vendor/laravel/homestead/Vagrantfi le Message: No such file or directory - var/config.json

Any idea on what might be causing this..

Last updated 1 year ago.

Did you run homestead init ?

Can you paste/link C:/Users/Miraj/AppData/Roaming/Composer/vendor/laravel/homestead/Vagrantfile?

And while we're at it, Vagrant and VirtualBox versions too please.

Last updated 1 year ago.

this make me wondering where the AppData folder was after i typed as composer global require "laravel/installer=~1.1" on C:users/Brian. and it will show the AppData and the composer is updated after you put the property PATH environment. the best answer is Add your ~/.composer/vendor/bin path into Path environmental variable, so that Windows Command Prompt could identify laravel command that would be used later to install Laravel and doing other tasks. In my case the path where its located is: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin so I added it into my Path environmental variable. Must restart your Shell or Command-Prompt so that updated Path variables is loaded.

http://www.bitspedia.com/2014/09/how-to-install-and-make-first...

Last updated 9 years ago.

As a small addition to tkprocat's answer

If there is no Path variable under user variables then New> Variable name:>Path Variable value:>%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin OK

If there is a Path variable under user variables then Edit> add ;%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Composer\vendor\bin OK

Open a new command window and echo $PATH

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.