Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 2 years ago.

http://laravel.io/forum/12-02-2014-newbie-questions-regarding-xampp-and-deployment

Change app/config/database to the server settings of host.

I've changed the app/config/database.php to the server settings of host but it does work. Therefore I'm here asking for all the require settings for deploying local machine application to hosting server machine??

The above reply has not resolved my issues so please can someone guide for proper deployment. Thanks

In your first post you said you changed app/config/local/database.php which would only change in the local enviornment, but in your last post you said you changed app/config/database.php.

Have you changed both, or one or the other?

Some things to check:

• Does host meet minimum php requirements for laravel to run PHP >= 5.4 and MCrypt PHP Extension
  • Are any files you namespaced correctly capitalized or small i.e., If you have a class called
    Myclass and in a use statement you:
use myclass

That won't work, the case has to match on a linux server. Windows server that does work.

• Get laravel correctly working on your local machine, and try again to upload it.
    The only file I had to change is the app/config/database.php.
    Verify your database records are on host also if applicable.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

irfandayan irfandayan Joined 29 Nov 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.