Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Packages Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

i don't think you need to re-write all migrations with the new framework. (of course it's good to do that)

if you're not selling this application to 3rd parties or if you're not setting up exact clones of the app in multiple servers. i don't think there's any such requirement. the migrations contains just the schema for you database. say if you're changing servers you would simply take a dump from the db dump and upload that to the new server, you won't be running migrations from scratch.

still if you wanna do this try this package https://github.com/adamkearsley/laravel-convert-migrations

answer to your questions: it could be done but you will have so many problems to solve like keeping constant sessions and parsing parameters. i would suggest migrating the application entirely. make a list of things that could be implemented on the new framework without breaking anything.

another thing to consider, do you really want to change frameworks? what's the aim of doing so? and is the time and effort really worthwhile ?

Thank you for the reply.

1- You said "i would suggest migrating the application entirely. make a list of things that could be implemented on the new framework without breaking anything."

Can you please guide me in the right direction for starting this so I can take it on from there

2- You said "do you really want to change frameworks? what's the aim of doing so? and is the time and effort really worthwhile ?"

The problem is that the existing applications were developed without the use of a framework. And now I was handed over the applications and I am looking into the opportunity to use a framework so I can ease the new developments and ease the maintenance process. Any suggestions here?

Thank you

Hi guys,

Any help here please.

thank you

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

aboelmor aboelmor Joined 7 Dec 2016

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.