Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Installation
Last updated 2 years ago.

I'm having the same issue after running a composer update, OpenSSL is already enabled on my server though so I'm not sure what the problem is.

For the life of me, I am new w/ Laravel, but I keep running into this same error and can not find ANY resources on how to fix it and what the cause is.

Anyone?

RuntimeException

You need to specify a file path to store the seed.
 $this->logger->info('OpenSSL did not produce a secure random number.');
}
}
// initialize seed
if (null === $this->seed) {
if (null === $this->seedFile) {
throw new \RuntimeException('You need to specify a file path to store the seed.');
}

Hi everybody!,

I just recently install Laravel and had the same problem. As bestmomo did, I enables php_openssl at php.ini, but the problem persists. Any additional suggestion? Thanks in advance ;)

Hi,

You can add a text file like "seed.txt" in bootstrap directory and change line 7877 in bootstrap/compiled.php like that :

$bytes = with(new SecureRandom('seed.txt'))->nextBytes(16);

It'll work because nextBytes method needs a file if open_ssl doesn't work.

juliancoder said:

Hi everybody!,

I just recently install Laravel and had the same problem. As bestmomo did, I enables php_openssl at php.ini, but the problem persists. Any additional suggestion? Thanks in advance ;)

Are you sure you modified the proper php.ini file? Create a phpinfo.php file on your server with

<?php
phpinfo();

then load the page and check if the file listed in Loaded Configuration File is the same as the one you edited. Furthermore, look for the following in the phpinfo(); output.

OpenSSL support	enabled

Hi again tomzx, bestmomo,

sorry, I was wrong, tomzx was right, I just modified another version of php.ini, not the loaded one by Apache, that was the problem. I enabled php_openssl in the correct file and now everything is ok. Thanks for your support!! ;)

Enabling openSSL in php modules corrects this error.

Thank you all boys... It worked !!!

Enabling openSSL in php modules corrects this error.

in file (for windows) "C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.4.4\bin\php.ini"

enable the "extension=php_openssl.dll" by deleting ;

Sometimes, php.ini isn't the one wamp suggested to edit php configuration through wamp menu. To make sure which php.ini is loaded, you can use command:

php --ini

To see loaded modules:

php -m

I had this issue and it was because I was using php 5.3.1 and the min required was 5.3.7. All was OK when I upgraded.

/app/config/app.php

Change 'url' =>'http://localhost/laravel/public/

and

'debug' => true

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

bestmomo bestmomo Joined 20 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.