Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Security Session Database
Last updated 1 year ago.

You will probably want to wrap everything in an API controller - any requests the android app makes should go through the API controller.

So your reoutes might be:

/api/login - returns errors or authentication token /api/register - returns errors or authentication token /api/pictures - returns pictures (you pass authentication token received from login or register method above)

Android app should not have direct access to the DB, the api should handle this - you shouldn't really trust any data coming from the app

https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/general-discussion/lara...

Plenty of info/discussion on api design etc on google - doesn't have to be Laravel specific, you just need to get an understanding of the concepts and build into L5

try Dingo api, it has authentication built in, and even supports JWT.. very easy

Thanks for the responses, i researched API instead of laravel and API and i think i see what to do.

@astroanu - thank you too for your response but i like to stick to K.I.S.S before i look at plugins. I will only use that as a last resort.

Last updated 7 years ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

AtomicRSA atomicrsa Joined 24 Jun 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.