posted 9 years ago
Validation
Last updated 1 year ago.

You can do this in your migration file:

Schema::create('devplans', function ($table) {
    // ...
    $table->unique(array('level_id', 'building_id'));
});

As said here: http://laravel.com/api/4.2/Illuminate/Database/Schema/Blueprin...

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks kokokurak,

this is working, but all I'll get is this SQL error:

SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '1-2' for key 'devplans_building_id_level_id_unique' (SQL: insert into devplans (time, points, building_id, level_id, created_by, updated_by, updated_at, created_at) values (6, 7, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2014-10-12 10:24:10, 2014-10-12 10:24:10))

How can I make a validation error out of this?

Last updated 1 year ago.

As it says, your data doesn't respect this uniqueness. You have pair duplicates. You should take care of your data first and then put this unique constrain.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Yes that is totally clear and working.

But how can I prevent that the error is shown like this and just show a normal validation error to the user?

Last updated 1 year ago.

You can add unique validation rule with additional fields: http://laravel.com/docs/4.2/validation#rule-unique

Or you can use try .. catch block. Every erroneous SQL action will throw an exception.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I would love to add a unique validationrule, but I have no idea how to write one that fires when level_id and building_id in combination aren't unique. How can I do that?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Try either one of these:

'level_id' => 'unique:devplans,level_id,NULL,id,building_id,' . Input::get('building_id')

Or:

'building_id' => 'unique:devplans,building_id,NULL,id,level_id,' . Input::get('level_id')
Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

kay899 kay899 Joined 7 Jul 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.