Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Requests Input
Last updated 1 year ago.

What is it you're putting in the query string exactly? Are you talking about form submissions?

If you're submitting a form, you should be doing a post, in which case the data goes into the post body, not the query string.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Yea, i think that if you can provide more context then there may be insight to be gained.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sorry, in the query string I am inputting a GUID of a multi-page form. Rather then using a auto increment I used a random string created with

openssl_random_pseudo_bytes('5') // Creates 10 character long string

So at each step of the multi-page form when a submit is done and after validation, using the GUID from the URL (as a query string for now) I use that to extend the state of the form between multiple pages so that when I save to the database I can use the GUID to link all the different tables that are affected by the multi-page form.

So an example of this is :

https://www.learnlaravel.com/applications/new/recommendations?...

where the /recommendations is the one part of a 5 page interactive form. Each page of the form gets the GUID appended to it.

Hopefully I put it into the correct context now.

Last updated 1 year ago.

what are you trying to achieve with the GUID? If you want to maintain a state between the 5 pages of your application, you could use Session variables instead.

Last updated 1 year ago.

The GUID is used so that when each form is submitted I can use the GUID to look up the specific row in a database and update it and also all of its relationship tables.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.