Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Installation
Last updated 2 years ago.

not sure about the laravel installer, never used it. but when using Composer it will work

If you want to make it, you have to "cd /home/user/domains" and from this path execute "laravel new domain.com"

Thanks for the replies, when I try to do the method of Maxme, I get this error:

[user@server domains]$ laravel new beta.domain.com PHP Notice: Undefined variable: output in /home/user/.composer/vendor/laravel/installer/src/NewCommand.php on line 55

Notice: Undefined variable: output in /home/user/.composer/vendor/laravel/installer/src/NewCommand.php on line 55 PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function writeln() on a non-object in /home/user/.composer/vendor/laravel/installer/src/NewCommand.php on line 55

Fatal error: Call to a member function writeln() on a non-object in /home/user/.composer/vendor/laravel/installer/src/NewCommand.php on line 55

Now what could that be?!

Are you writing laravel new domain.com in the folder /home/user/domains?

I have another issue with the installer. How can I install it in an existing folder?

laravel new . or ./ (which is pretty standard) will give me the same error as blyleven gets.

Last updated 9 years ago.

You can install in any folder then move to another folder

Installer can't install your new app because you already have "/home/user/domains/beta.domain.com" directory. Remove it and I hope everything will be ok.

Thanks Maxme,

the folder is created by DirectAdmin. I've solved this by installing L5 via Composer.

Thanks for the help

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

blyleven blyleven Joined 16 Apr 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.