Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Testing
Last updated 2 years ago.

If I'm not mistaken the creator of Laragon is chinese? Hello chinese dude, can you show up in this thread and introduce yourself lol.

I've been using it for some time and I also was a former Homestead user. I don't think I'll ever be going back.

Some things that I hated about Homestead was the lengthy initial setup process and it was very easy to miss a step and cause it to fail and end up starting over again. I also exhibited some delays with Homestead but often times the Virtualbox would fail and wasn't as smooth as I liked.

Fast forward present day with Laragon it was a very straight forward installing. it literally took a minute and as the OP has stated already creating projects and also friendly project.dev urls are pretty awesome indeed.

If I had to point out some issues was that the compiled.php located in /vendor seems corrupted from the start and I simply had to delete it and do another composer update and all errors would be gone.

Second, if projects are being ran locally and concurrently and also share the same .ENV variables, it will indeed conflict so either push every project to an actual production server or have unique .ENV variables and you should be fine.

I have made at least 15 projects with Laragon so far and installing a simple Windows Git Bash to push to repos. Spend less time configuring, more time developing! =)

Last updated 9 years ago.

Hi,

i'm wondering what's the difference between laragon and a standard wamp environment because the point of using vagrant box is to be as close as possible to the production environment and to be able to use tierce party libraries.

Am i missing something ?

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.