Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

I use Fortrabbit and pagodabox. With pagodabox I can't find a way of pushing a new commit without pagodabox running a composer install so prefer Fortrabbit from that point of view. Fortrabbit is hosted in AWS EU which is better from a latency point of view for me in the UK. With both it is a one button press to set up a new instance then add it as a git remote, push to it and app is deployed. Can't do that to a VPS. Also pretty much instant scalability is another advantage.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks i looked at fortrabbit and it looks pretty good, only i am in the US, so im looking at something in the states. Anyone try appfog?

Last updated 1 year ago.

you can get the same result with a VPS and http://rocketeer.autopergamene.eu

Last updated 1 year ago.

This app is hosted by FortRabbit and it hasn't had any problems for us so far.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I can't speak for the others but I have used Pagodabox before and was not pleased with their service. I noticed on Saturday that one of my sites wasn't loading and it took them until Monday to get a response from them and subsequently fix it. I asked why and the response was, "They try not to work on weekends". To be fair this was about a year ago.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I also had bad experiences with Pagodabox. I don't know if they're better. But, once I got embarrassed in front of a client I walked away.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I am using Rackspace VPS right now and it works pretty good for the most part, but maintaining the VPS's are kind of getting old. Appfog looks interested only you have to email them to get an account right now. Hopefully that changes soon.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I have used both OpenShift and Koding.com. Koding is kind of interesting and recently was beefed up. I like Koding a lot as they provide an online editor and terminal so I can code from work without installing anything on my work laptop ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

m0j0r1s1ng said:

I have used both OpenShift and Koding.com. Koding is kind of interesting and recently was beefed up. I like Koding a lot as they provide an online editor and terminal so I can code from work without installing anything on my work laptop ;)

Koding looks interesting. It doesn't look like it has version control though.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I think Koding is PaaS to develop your app, not to host your app.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Well... I signed up for a free account with appfog and they sent me this. Guess i'm not trying them out. I'd be happy with just a free trial just to see if its going to work for us. Oh well.

Hello,

Due to the recent volume of free account requests, we have temporarily suspended our free account sign-ups.

If you would like to enroll in a paid plan (http://www.appfog.com/pricing/), please submit the following and we'll send you more information about how to complete the sign-up process and submit your credit card info:

Last updated 1 year ago.

You can getaway with running it on openshift for free

Last updated 1 year ago.

ShawnMcCool said:

This app is hosted by FortRabbit and it hasn't had any problems for us so far.

ShawnMcCool said:

I also had bad experiences with Pagodabox. I don't know if they're better. But, once I got embarrassed in front of a client I walked away.

You sir, just convinced me that I should move my important projects off of PagodaBox like I've been thinking about for awhile. Just been too lazy to sign up a FortRabbit account.

Anyone had experiences with jumpstarter.io yet? I think they only have SSH/SFTP support though, and I'm not familiar with Rocketeer for deploys.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

ralanyo ralanyo Joined 6 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.