Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Database Validation
Last updated 1 year ago.

Not really sure I can give you a great answer on most of this, but I have been using Laravel for refactoring a very complex application with many different databases being used at many points, and laravel has been amazing with it. Having a quick check I can see there is an oracle and mysql driver, but for mssql this is the best I could find:

http://forumsarchive.laravel.io/viewtopic.php?id=155

I have quite a bit of use with symfony, and I personally found the ORM doctrine very hard to work with (especially in comparison to Eloquent), but then this could just be me being slow on the uptake.

I hope this answers at least part of your question!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Cgoosey1 Thanks for your answer. I will review the documentation while waiting for other replies.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I have developed an application that used both MySQL and Oracle for different data and had different logins based on LDAP authentication and I am working on 2 others currently replacing legacy systems and/or integrating them with new systems as needed. I ended up writing a package jfelder/oracledb for oracle access. It is rather easy to use multiple databases with a simple connection keyword, DB::connection('oracle')->normal_sql_stuff_here or setup the connection property in your model to use the correct connection.

HTH

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

slash66672 slash66672 Joined 14 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.