Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Database
Last updated 2 years ago.
DB::table('users')->leftJoin('installs', 'users.id', '=', 'installs.usuario_id')->whereNull('installs.usuario_id')->where('installs.station_id', '=', 223)->select(DB::raw('first_name || " " ||last_name as name'), 'users.id')->get();

That creates the SQL string:

select first_name || " " ||last_name as name, `users`.`id` from `users` left join `installs` on `users`.`id` = `installs`.`usuario_id` where `installs`.`usuario_id` is null and `installs`.`station_id` = ?

not working

Exception

SQLSTATE[42703]: Undefined column: 7 ERROR: no existe la columna « » LINE 1: select first_name || " " ||last_name as name, "users"."id" f... ^ (SQL: select first_name || " " ||last_name as name, "users"."id" from "users" left join "installs" on "users"."id" = "installs"."usuario_id" where "installs"."usuario_id" is null and "installs"."station_id" = ?) (Bindings: array ( 0 => 223, ))

why do you need to concat strings with mysql, relegate that work to php

only use mysql for retrieving data, not for manipulation

Hi arcollector,

I have to fill a select with the query result list and use, the perform a similar query:

$combobox = User::select(DB::raw("(first_name || ' ' || last_name) as name"),'id')->lists('name', 'id');

what is the best way to do what I need?

my approach would be this

$combobox = array_build( User::all(), function( $key, $value ) {
     return [ $key, $value->first_name . ', ' . $value->last_name ];
} ) );

in terms of performance my approach is slowest than yours, but I have abstracted this piece of logic, so whatever I need to use it or modified it, I only need to do do once, instead on every query.

I like your approach, but I find the part where

LEFT JOIN installs AS t2 ON (t1.id = t2.usuario_id AND t2.station_id = 223 )
WHERE t2.usuario_id IS NULL
User::leftJoin( 'installs', 'installs.user_id', '=', 'users.id' )
    ->where( 'installs.station_id', 223 )
    ->whereNull( 'installs.user_id' )
    ->get();

I get nothing, and if I get sql result in postgres

object(Illuminate\Database\Eloquent\Collection)#835 (1) { ["items":protected]=> array(0) { } } 

check if the column names are the correct ones in the query

also, call to dd( DB::getQueryLog() ) to see all the queries that has been executed

the name of the columns was corrected, I've never used the dd( DB::getQueryLog() );

and I'm using it so:

$combobox = User::leftJoin( 'installs', 'installs.usuario_id', '=', 'users.id' )
    				->where( 'installs.station_id','=', 223 )
    				->whereNull( 'installs.usuario_id' )
    				->get();

dd( DB::getQueryLog() );		

and I get

array(5) { [0]=> array(3) { ["query"]=> string(44) "select * from "users" where "id" = ? limit 1" ["bindings"]=> array(1) { [0]=> int(10) } ["time"]=> float(11.78) } [1]=> array(3) { ["query"]=> string(52) "select * from "throttle" where "user_id" = ? limit 1" ["bindings"]=> array(1) { [0]=> int(10) } ["time"]=> float(0.62) } [2]=> array(3) { ["query"]=> string(47) "select * from "stations" where "id" = ? limit 1" ["bindings"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(3) "223" } ["time"]=> float(2.27) } [3]=> array(3) { ["query"]=> string(58) "select * from "installs" where "installs"."station_id" = ?" ["bindings"]=> array(1) { [0]=> int(223) } ["time"]=> float(0.66) } [4]=> array(3) { ["query"]=> string(154) "select * from "users" left join "installs" on "installs"."usuario_id" = "users"."id" where "installs"."station_id" = ? and "installs"."usuario_id" is null" ["bindings"]=> array(1) { [0]=> int(223) } ["time"]=> float(2.85) } } 

maybe there are no records matching that query, try it with mysql command line

select * from `users` left join `installs` on `installs`.`usuario_id` = `users`.`id` where `installs`.`station_id` = 233 and `installs`.`usuario_id` is null

with the query you indicate me not spewing any results

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

montes2012 montes2012 Joined 11 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.