Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

Given the nature of your question I would start by reading the documentation in it's entirety, and maybe code along with some of the examples.

The 'You have arrived' page is the default view of the framework. Open up routes.php and you will see a single route returning a single view file.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks. I kinda understand how it works.

How do you recommend I take it from here?

Start with forms? Views? Controllers? Models?

Thanks

Last updated 1 year ago.

@behnampmdg3 : What else did you expect?

Last updated 1 year ago.

behnampmdg3 said:

Thanks. I kinda understand how it works.

How do you recommend I take it from here?

Start with forms? Views? Controllers? Models?

Thanks

That is a very open ended question, and really depends on what kind of application you are building.

Typically when I start a Laravel application I already have some HTML pages mocked up, so here is what I do to get started:

• Setup the basic routes for the application
  • Setup a master template for other templates to inherit from
  • Split up my HTML pages into the relevant views
  • Create controllers to handle the routes I've created (which in turn return my newly created views)

At this point I have pretty much converted my HTML mockup into a static Laravel application. This is the point where I start creating my migrations, database seeds, models etc.

Hope that helps!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Learn MVC

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi guys;

Thanks for you tips. Basically what I need to make is database driven applications in MVC structure.

I have done a lot with CodeIgniter. It looks like Laravel is promising as well. In CI controller is called with page name. For example www.site.com/contact loads contact controller.

So this is what happens:

1 - I receive html page designes from the designer. I have to cut to different pieces and save as different views. 2 - I make a main controller to make the welcome page. 3 - Get the welcome page to load heade view, welcome view and footer view 4 - Connect it to the data base (so I have to adjust the config file for database) 5 - Securly retrieve some data from database, escape it (both html and sql) and show it on screen.

This is a good basic start to learn Laravel.

Thanks

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.