Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

You'll need to do things a little differently for Windows. I used to like creating a C:\bin directory and in that directory I would place things like Composer, PHPUnit, etc.

So download the PHAR and simply move it to your bin directory, now in that same directory create a laravel.bat file and in it paste this:

@ECHO OFF
php "%~dp0laravel.phar" %*

Lastly you'll need to add your C:\bin directory to your path. From memory hover in the lower left corner and right click, select "System". On the left you should have "Advanced system properties", click that. Now look for something about "Environment variables". Once there, in the top box, scroll through and look for a PATH variable. Click it and press "Edit". At the end of the value add a new path.

<other paths in your path>;C:\bin

Hit "OK", and close everything. You'll need to close any open terminals. You should now be able to use laravel new blog.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I suggest you save laravel.phar to dir %USERPROFILE%\bin On windows system that would be something like "C:\Users<YourUsername>\bin". After that from command line, in dir. where you plan to make new laravel project, run:

"C:\wamp22\bin\php\php5.3.8\php.exe" %USERPROFILE%\bin\laravel.phar new <project_dir>

You should then make doskey (something similar to aliases on Unix) so you could run command like:

bin-laravel new <project_dir>

and create new project.

Search StackOverflow or Google how use doskey (hint: doskey /?)!

Last updated 1 year ago.

@jasonlewis @gecbla, Thank you i will try all your solutions...i will let you know...

Last updated 1 year ago.

You can follow a nice tutorial about install via laravel installer here

http://tutsnare.com/install-laravel-via-laravel-installer-wind...

Last updated 9 years ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

ezekel ezekel Joined 2 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.