Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Laravel.io
Last updated 1 year ago.

Looks nice!

Last updated 1 year ago.

It's daring to release the code as open source for others to review ;) nice!

So your friend is happy with the system or he never got around to using it? That's why it's released open source?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Awesome!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for sharing, hillelcoren!

It looks very nice!!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

@CedNet,

I think he's pretty happy with it, he's working now to try to market it. We've been open-source from the start. Most businesses have their own peculiarities, being able to modify your invoicing software to suit your needs is a great feature.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Very very nice! :) Congratz!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Perfect! :)

I have one questinion: what does it mean "Online Payments -> Payment gateway" ?

Last updated 1 year ago.

WoW Great work!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thank you for open sourcing such a wonderful application. There is so much to learn in here and could be of use for other websites I create.

Last updated 1 year ago.

@TadasSu

Our site supports "online payments". This means when a user emails an invoice to a client the client will see a "Pay Now" button which they can use to submit a payment.

In order to process the payment the user needs to configure a "payment gateway" (such as PayPal, Stripe, etc). We're currently using the OmniPay library (https://github.com/omnipay/common) but hope to support even more providers in the future.

@geocine

Great to hear, if you have any questions about any parts of the code feel free to contact me directly.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I've tried it and it's great.

Small problem though, when you enter a client (without creating a new one), fill in everything and click on 'Email Invoice' the page reloads and there is an error (missing email) on the popup of 'Create new client' link.

Aside from loosing the client name and invoice date (the rest is still pre-filled) it's a little confusing for a first time user ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

@zenry

I see what you mean with a new client when clicking email, I'll work on it for the next build. With the blank taxes what do you have configured under 'manage tax rates'.

Last updated 1 year ago.

thanks for sharing! really love seeing the code

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hey Hillel, I remember you from Flex days - you had one of the best autocompletes out there :)

Good luck with the software!

(PS - I run one of SaaS competitors for online invoicing/accounting :) )

Last updated 1 year ago.

Any plans to add a time tracking module in the future? Nothing fancy just a place to enter some time worked on a project, what work was done and then be able to generate reports/invoices from that data?

Looks awesome though, better than some of the paid ones I have used in the past!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Very nice, and respect for the open source decision.

Last updated 1 year ago.

You are on hacker news right now : https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=7434995 ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

Love to see you code. You have used good logic's. I would love to use this invoice.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I love the project. Thanks for sharing.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.