Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
IOC
Last updated 1 year ago.

You can use contracts i think that's what you're looking for.. See how the laravel 5 default User model class is made. It's using contracts.

as far as i know, contracts are used to decouple a type of service from its concrete implementation. therefore the implemenation is interchangable. but only one implementation can be bound to a contract at the same time. usage would be to type hint the contract as i do not care which implemenation is bound. what i want to achive is to have only one binding/closure/factory for different concrete services. when i type hint on concrete service that this one binding can handle it should. different purpose than contracts at this time i think. (they could also be extended in that way though..) the more i think of it, i think contracts are the exact opposite of my thing.

no, thats not what i mean either. please take a look at http://framework.zend.com/manual/current/en/modules/zend.servi... head down to "abstract factory"

Ok I see what it does, still I have a hard time figuring out an use case where it could be used. Maybe give us a more concrete example? In what occasion did you use this ZF2 feature ?

i have several use cases. one is as above mentioned doctrine repositories. if you have ten entities you would have to define ten bindings to the container. if i could define one binding for every class that implements the repostory interface i would save 9 bindings. similar applies to several api synchronisation services i am running. those are separated into several classes for different purposes, but every class requires the basic webservice client it can use to run the queries. i have to define a binding for each service which are essentially all the same.

implementation in the service container would be rather simple imo.

Ok, I can see the pratical use of it, but I can't figure out how you would let the IoC container know which class do you need without a binding in a dependency injection scenario.

example :

use SomeServiceInterface; 

class SomeCommand {

public function __construct(SomeServiceInterface $service)

}

In that case how can your abstract factory know if you want the A or B implementation of SomeServiceInterface ?

your example does not apply to the problem. in fact this would be more appropriate for the contextual binding or contracts.

an example for my idea would be the following:

// only one single binding which can make every repo
$app->bindInterface('Repository', function($app, $requestedClass) {
    if (!$requestedClass instanceof Repository) {
        return false;
    }
    $doctrine = $app->make('Doctrine');
    return $doctrine->getRepository($requestedClass);
});

class ARepo extends Repository {

}

class BRepo extends Repository {

}

class ZRepo extends Repository {

}

// get any repo. Container has to check if the given class implements a bound interface and use that closure/factory
$myBRepo = $app->make(ZRepo::class);

class SomeCommand {

public function __construct(ZRepo $myRepo)

}
Last updated 9 years ago.

I'm not familiar with the ins and outs of doctrine, but I get the idea.

Maybe you should look at http://laravel.com/docs/5.0/container#container-events , I didn't try them yet, so am not sure it will solve this problem.

Otherwise, I think it's a nice concept, and if it's not possible without a core modification, you should submit it on github.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

DaHaiz dahaiz Joined 16 Mar 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.