Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

I think there's no way to uninstall a package. Remove the dependency, update and then remove manually the vendor/package folder. No, put your needed version or update other packages one at a time. Maybe you could fork the repo and then let composer point to your static one instead of the original...

Last updated 1 year ago.

@spescina, thanks for the reply!

Regarding the package Y question, wouldn't I achieve what I want by simply removing the dependency from the composer.json but without deleting manually from vendor/package folder?

I do agree that fork might be the best option but I don't until deal with Git and forking as I don' know enough about it.

Last updated 1 year ago.

spescina said:

I think there's no way to uninstall a package. Remove the dependency, update and then remove manually the vendor/package folder. No, put your needed version or update other packages one at a time. Maybe you could fork the repo and then let composer point to your static one instead of the original...

hmm.. when I removed the dependency from composer.json then ran update command and it deleted the related vendor/package folders and files... :(

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

avidh avidh Joined 12 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.