Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 10 years ago
Mail
Last updated 1 year ago.

The default queue driver is "sync" - this runs the events straight away (zero set up). Have a look in app/config/queue.php for other options.

http://forumsarchive.laravel.io/viewtopic.php?id=8472

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi Tommulroy,

Thanks very much for your quick reply. I looked at beanstalkd, seems needs to install additional component on severs, I think this is not possible on shared hosting.

Any help documents about the other options?

Thanks again.

Last updated 1 year ago.

You should try Iron.io message queue for the cloud. After that just edit your queue.php file with iron credentials.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks, gecbla.

I am new to Laravel/Php. ;)

I successes setup the Iron on my local system, and when I call Mail::later/queue/send, I can see message been queued on iron.io website. But how those message will be send? Should I need do sth?

Goolged found someone said I need to run php artisan queue:listen on console to get it done, but how I can run this on servier.

Please help.

Thanks very much. ;)

Last updated 1 year ago.

To process next job in queue you can do artisan queue:work or better run artisan queue:subscribe queue_name http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/your/route. In Iron HUD set queue to be push and create controller/closure that will have Queue::marshal() The url address that you use MUST we accessible from the internet. For this situations, when I work on a local machine, I use wamp and DynDNS which forwards port 80 to my computer and wamp root. Or if you have static IP use that or assign IP that your ISP assigned to you.

Update: Jeffrey has really good video on queues

Last updated 1 year ago.

I hosted on godaddy, all email functions works locally been blocked by GoDaddy . :(

Last updated 1 year ago.

You can try using gmail for sending emails from laravel! Just edit app/config/mail.php example

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

lastcow lastcow Joined 24 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.