Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Installation Configuration Eloquent
Last updated 1 year ago.

anyone?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Do you mean creating a new XML-RPC we bservice other applications will integrate into or integrating with an existing xml-rpc web service?

Last updated 1 year ago.

I would suggest the former rather than the latter.

I'm really surprised that a CMS framework with this kind of support doesn't support offer an XML-RPC interface that allows 3rd party tools/services (like Windows Live Writer) to submit content to the system.

I've just recently been approached by someone with a Laravel-based site in how to integrate our writer management/article workflow system into his site and am searching around looking for a plugin (I guess you guys call them bundles) or something to offer him as a solution. I did find https://github.com/jnewing/laravel-xmlrpc but it appears to be a client rather than a server (designed to send rather than receive) but I could be wrong.

Is there a different standard supported by Laravel for accepting outside content that could be leveraged? We aren't tied to XML-RPC if there is something else available.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Firstly, Laravel isn't a CMS framework. Although it can be used to develop CMS applications, it's more of an application framework.

Secondly, as far as I'm aware there isn't a package of this sort currently available designed for use within Laravel. There are reports of people using Zend-xmlrpc with Symfony here though.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

johnvic johnvic Joined 2 Apr 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.