Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Requests Views Blade
Last updated 1 year ago.

The best thing I think would be to use Laravel as a backend that provides an API. Make the front-end in something like AngularJS and then you can port the front-end to mobile with Phone Gap. This way all your front-end stuff is already loaded into the installed app which saves you some bandwidth and you only have to load the dynamic data through the API.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thanks, that does sound like the best way to get a high-performance PhoneGap app without refactoring too much. Looks like it's time to dive into Angular.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Regarding the API...do you guys have any recommendation or best practice? I have been trying to do it via JSON but not working as expected...

Last updated 1 year ago.

extjac said:

Regarding the API...do you guys have any recommendation or best practice? I have been trying to do it via JSON but not working as expected...

I highly recommend Phil Sturgeon's Book "How To Build APIs You Wont Hate". It's quite informative for those new to building APIs and it covers a lot of interesting topics. Worth a read, JSON is the way forward though :)

Last updated 1 year ago.

How did this/is this project going?

I'm about to do something similar. Moving off blade, and having Laravel as API, with RESTful JSON. So it could easily serve the web browser and ios/android apps.

But instead of Angular, i'm going with Emberjs.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I went with Emberjs instead of Angular and I'm having a hard time with Ember's Data Adapters. Apparently it doesn't work out of the box.

I'm searching for a custom adapter at this point

I think you can create your app using blade and then serve it from within a native app Check out my answers here: https://laracasts.com/discuss/channels/requests/phonegap-and-l... Hint: use something like http://gonative.io

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

gwl2102 gwl2102 Joined 3 Apr 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.