Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

I agree is it kind of slow when the bootup is taking about a quarter of your total execution time. I don't know what it is but I'm struggling with this too. The things I can think of are if you have other php modules running such as xdebug it can be a performance hit

@renewetelling, do you have numbers for other frameworks?

If you don't need much from a framework maybe Lumen will be more fitting.

Xum said:

@renewetelling, do you have numbers for other frameworks?

If you don't need much from a framework maybe Lumen will be more fitting.

Hey Xum,

Thanks for your reply ( sorry for the late reply, i don't seem to get email notifications when this thread is updated, tips anyone? )

We are building a gigantic framework with over 400 routes etc. So its not something where lumen is built for im afraid. Is there no way to improve this? Especially for some API calls, they return json so the execution time is inc query's about 10 ms, but there is a massive boot time of 80ms for the framework.

Thanks!

rickshawhobo said:

I agree is it kind of slow when the bootup is taking about a quarter of your total execution time. I don't know what it is but I'm struggling with this too. The things I can think of are if you have other php modules running such as xdebug it can be a performance hit

annoying isnt it... Xdebug is off btw. This is my whole config http://pastebin.com/XjprBVvt

Last updated 8 years ago.

Maybe route caching can help.

Why do you say 53ms is "annoyingly slow"? I think you are getting typical Laravel 5 framework boot times. I get similar results for a brand new laravel 5 app. Even Lumen startup time is around the 20-30ms mark!

To put things in perspective, requests to Laracasts.com (which runs laravel 5) take between 500ms - 1 sec.. which I believe is very very good. If you really think this kind of latency is unacceptable, then perhaps PHP is the wrong choice for your app.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.