Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Mail
Last updated 1 year ago.

If your using MAMP, XAMPP, WAMP etc you will need to edit the php.ini file or better still use something like Mandrill https://mandrillapp.com/

Last updated 1 year ago.

Thank you for the tips.

If you are referring to the extension=php_openssl.dll on php.ini. I already uncommented it. Everything works when I am still using Xammp. The problem started when I uploaded my project on the live server.

Does using Mandrill will help me if ever the hosting service provider blocked all the outbound SMTP traffic?

Last updated 1 year ago.

Can you send mail using mail command?

mail();

If yes, there must be some errors in the log, if not your server missing sendmail configuration.

You can use Mandrill API to send email via, well, API (over HTTP). I think future versions of L4 will have API support out of the box, but for now you can find library that replaces mailer with API mailer

PS I would definitely use Mandrill like system (there are many options) if you are serious about email and do not have ops team to back you up in mail server setup and maintenance.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I tried to contact justhost and here is their reply.

"Thank you for contacting JustHost Support. If you're trying to send that from a script on the server you're trying to do what's called email relaying and we do not allow that on our servers as it's a very common way to send spam, not that you're sending spam. However for scripts on our servers to be able to send mail the have to come from an address that exists on our servers."

Because of this I am using mail(); command in sending my email confirmation, and it works fine. I do not know why using laravel mail function was blocked on justhost yet they allow to send email from a php script.

Thanks for all the replies.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I am also facing the same problem. Please any one have the solutions or alternate option for this issue then post it here.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

helmikuu27 helmikuu27 Joined 31 Mar 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.