Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Requests Database Testing
Last updated 1 year ago.

Can you connect with any other products (phpMyAdmin locally, heidisql, etc) ?

Without knowing anything about RDS by gut feeling would be an IP restriction, but it's hard to tell without the error message.

If your MySQL database is on a remote server it may well be one of the following issues:

• Firewall Block, the server with the MySQL service may be behind a firewall that is set to block eternal access to the port that MySQL operates on
  • MySQL User Permissions, if the MySQL service is not sat behind a firewall then the next cause may be that the user has only localhost access permissions

This was silly but I removed :3306 from the host string and it worked.. I really don't know why, I have it set with the port on production.. I guess locally it's not good to be so verbose?

My hosting provider requires that I log into the control panel and whitelist the IP my machine is on before I can connect to it.

Hello have you run php artisan migrate? and was table migrated to remote db? If yes then please guide me. I dont know how to migrate on remote.

Thank you.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

senagl13 senagl13 Joined 1 Jun 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.