Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Authentication Architecture
Last updated 1 year ago.

I think it does. try commenting out one of the methods and see what happens. Also on my laravel install, I get error messages automatically

I've slapped in dd()s and even deleted the methods, and it doesn't error or anything. So I'm not entirely sure why they are there if the default Auth doesn't use them..

The form errors are there, sure, but no notifications of "Logged in successfully" or anything, which is what I'm trying to add in!

that is weird.. I have just retested mine and login definitely redirects and gives me a message saying you have logged in..

what version are you using?

Strange! The Auth system works, in that is logs me in / out, redirects etc, just no messaging of sorts.

Currently running 5.0.31.

Last updated 8 years ago.

If anyone arrives here with the same issue, upgrading to 5.1 seemed to cause the app to actually use the above functions, making my flash messages work!

Hi, I am using 5.1.7 and I set

Session::flash('flash_message', 'Successfully LoggedOut!'); under AuthenticatesUsers inside getLogout() function and am redirecting user back to login page and am displaying Session flash message inside auth/login.blade.php and it works.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

neromaki neromaki Joined 7 Jun 2015

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.