PHP version is 5.4.16.

Solution

xxyxxyz said:

harikt said:

What version of PHP are you using ?

PHP version is 5.4.16.

Installation

Server Requirements

The Laravel framework has a few system requirements. Of course, all of these requirements are satisfied by the Laravel Homestead virtual machine:

PHP >= 5.5.9 OpenSSL PHP Extension Mbstring PHP Extension Tokenizer PHP Extension

chris said:

xxyxxyz said:

harikt said:

What version of PHP are you using ?

PHP version is 5.4.16.

Installation

Server Requirements

The Laravel framework has a few system requirements. Of course, all of these requirements are satisfied by the Laravel Homestead virtual machine:

PHP >= 5.5.9 OpenSSL PHP Extension Mbstring PHP Extension Tokenizer PHP Extension

I see. Thanks, was this changed recently as I had no problems beforehand when making a new Laravel project.

It's same problem on PHP V5.6.15

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS, expecting T_STRING or T_VARIABLE or '$' in /opt/lampp/htdocs/laravel_demo/artisan on line 31

Last updated 7 years ago.

I have same problem, check your php version run on shell. In my case the phpinfo shows me 7.0.7 and in my shell runs 5.3.10.... Update php version and i belive it works.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'class' (T_CLASS), expecting identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or '{' or '$' in /home/mydomain/public/index.php on line 50

-> PHP 5.6.29 (cli) (built: Dec 14 2016 14:03:32) Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies with the ionCube PHP Loader (enabled) + Intrusion Protection from ioncube24.com (unconfigured) v6.0.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2016, by ionCube Ltd. with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2014, by Zend Technologies

-> Composer version 1.3.1 2017-01-07 18:08:51

-> Laravel Framework version 5.2.45

bigwelly said: Have the same problem with quite the same config :-(

Hi.I have the same problem. My local copy runs good but the copy uploaded into the server shows this error just a few months after it has been running good. We contacted the server administrator and they said they have made clearing actions last week and I don't have any idea what have they done even my employer. Is it the sever who made this to happen (did they upgrade their PHP version because the system runs well previously) or is the system affected after their clearing? Please help me. I have no idea how and what to say to my employer. What will I ask to the system administrator about this problem.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

xxyxxyz xxyxxyz Joined 25 Nov 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.