Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 8 years ago
Installation
Last updated 1 year ago.

Yes you should upgrade to 5.1 and the great thing about it is that since 5.1 this version has LTS (long term support) for 2 years in development and 3 year for security fixes.

So you won't have to worry for a few years about new upgrades.

aah i did read about the 2 years support, i just thought it meant someone will help you with your support question..

Saw a tweet which read...

"Just upgraded from L5 to L5.1, took all of 5 minutes. Nice way to start the day!"

Not tried it myself but looks positive.

jacksoncharles said:

Saw a tweet which read...

"Just upgraded from L5 to L5.1, took all of 5 minutes. Nice way to start the day!"

Not tried it myself but looks positive.

Seems like a small project ;-)

Took me about 20 minutes. (Including composer update)

i tried and now i am getting an error when I do composer update or artisan compile

[ErrorException] array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array it doesnt say what file or anything so i cannot debug this

OK i foolishly created an empty services.json file in the bootstrap/cache folder for some reason.. simply had to delete it

Last updated 8 years ago.

I would not upgrade I would simply install Laravel 5.1 and transfer your files over to 5.1 and make any changes in the controllers, models, views as needed. really this should only take maybe 2 to 3 hours tops. most controller code should work already but there might be small changes.

I really don't think you need to do the fresh install & copy method that jimgwhit is suggesting if you're just going from 5.0 to 5.1. The changes you need to make are fairly small. See http://laravel.com/docs/5.1/upgrade.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

shez1983 shez1983 Joined 31 Dec 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.