Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Input Views Forms
Last updated 1 year ago.

Shift + refresh.

Thank you for your reply, it works with shift + refresh, but I can not impose my users to use shift + refresh. Moreover, in all of my php project (without using laravel) when I refresh it works, so I don't know how to resolve this

If you are using firefox, it's a know "bug/feature" that firefox will remember what you entered before you hit refresh.

You could try the following:

<form autocomplete="off">

mubinsayed liked this reply

Thank you, it works !!!!! But I'm a little bit curious, why it does like that ? Laravel store in cache of firefox all inputs and firefox doesn't know how to reset all input ?

Last updated 7 years ago.

It's an issue with firefox. For some reason the firefox devs think it's a useful feature. Nothing to do with the laravel cache.

Ok I see. So thank you for your explaination. Have a good day !

I had this same issue where I had a selection list to change the status of an item. Whenever new item were stored in the database, on a Firefox page refresh the status wasn't showing the correct values from the database, it was showing what firefox was remembering.

Using the fix above I was able to resolve this error.

I guess its a feature when you want to refresh a page but keep data entered in forms, but it might look like a bug when when you don't want it to remember the entered or selected values.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Khoya91170 khoya91170 Joined 10 Jun 2016

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.