Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration
Last updated 1 year ago.

Laravel is PHP, and is a backend language. I think you could better look into Javascript frameworks, and perhaps use Laravel as a backend API to connect to (if you need web data).

Last updated 1 year ago.

I was thinking something along those lines.

In so far as "the easy route to take" goes, PHPDesktop suits the project best. However, I do like TideSDK best, and so I think I'll create an Angular app within that, which would then interface with the web-driven API.

My whole objective is to make the app feel like an app. I also need it to be as closed-source as possible, which rules out PHPDesktop.

I just wish there was a way for Tide/Titanium to bundle everything up nicely.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I think you might be confusing the server-client architecture. As @barryvdh said, Laravel and PHP will be completely standalone from your app. It will be your 'web-driven API' as you put it, that communicates via SOAP/XML :( or REST/JSON :). Therefor there is no need for your cross platform app to integrate with laravel in anyway except that it knows how to handle a SOAP or RESTful api. If you are looking for a nice framework to run on the client side on multiple platforms the easiest choice is javascript because most platforms support a webview. Client side php is basically a no go.

Last updated 1 year ago.

@damienadermann: I fully understand the separation of client and server in this instance. I have decided to use a REST API, which will only be made available to the client.

What did I say that made it look like I was confusing the architectures? All I was saying, is that it would have been nice for everything to be bundled together in a single app, as it is not network-dependent. As it's been pointed out, however, that is not possible...

Last updated 1 year ago.

mike-anthony said:

What did I say that made it look like I was confusing the architectures? All I was saying, is that it would have been nice for everything to be bundled together in a single app, as it is not network-dependent. As it's been pointed out, however, that is not possible...

Just the mention of PHPDesktop as a possible solution. I misinterpreted where you were coming from.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Just the mention of PHPDesktop as a possible solution. I misinterpreted where you were coming from.

I see. Well, I think I have a solution now. And it is actually for the better in terms of scaling. The original idea was for one PC, but it turns out that everything scales, eventually. Better be ready for it before it happens.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.