Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.
Solution

Hi, I had the same problem after updating to laravel 4.2.

My problem was, that I have multiple php versions in my environment. I need to point to the right version in composer.json (for all the post-install/post-update, etc. commands).

Example:

"post-update-cmd": [
			"php artisan clear-compiled",
    ],

in my case has to be:

"post-update-cmd": [
			"/usr/bin/php5510/php artisan clear-compiled",
    ],

Edit: My default version on cli was 5.3. With the updated composer.json I use version 5.5. Laravel requires at least 5.4!

Last updated 1 year ago.

Which version of php do you use? "[]" is the short notation of the previous "array()" syntax.

Last updated 1 year ago.

disup - That did the trick! The server gave me an error about being unable to load the dynamic library zip.so. But the update worked. So, I'm just going to trust that the server is just being an alarmist.

rokde - I'm on 5.5.6. But, like disup, it defaults to 5.3.

Thank you both for the response.

Last updated 1 year ago.

You have to install the zip-extension for both php-versions I guess :)

Last updated 1 year ago.

disup - Thanks for the soultion, it worked after I upgraded my php and a fresh installation of laravel.

Last updated 1 year ago.

jerauf said:

disup - That did the trick! The server gave me an error about being unable to load the dynamic library zip.so. But the update worked. So, I'm just going to trust that the server is just being an alarmist.

rokde - I'm on 5.5.6. But, like disup, it defaults to 5.3.

Thank you both for the response.

I am from china,and hava the same problem.Do you solve this PHP version problem at finally?If the PHP version can not change,is there any other solution

Last updated 1 year ago.

Hi all,

I'm using a2hosting for my laravel projects.

I just change the current version of my php from 5.3 to 5.5, follow disup said and then it WORKS!! (for Laravel 4.2)

Last updated 1 year ago.

hi lin493369, can I know the details of your server set up so I can help? email me here to keep in touch [email protected]

Last updated 1 year ago.

rokde said:

Which version of php do you use? "[]" is the short notation of the previous "array()" syntax.

Great man

@disup You kick ass.

Thanks man. That worked like a charm.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

jerauf jerauf Joined 16 Feb 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.