Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
Configuration Packages
Last updated 1 year ago.

What do you mean? Why would you want to integrate CMS with framework?

Last updated 1 year ago.

hmm... well, a bit back I implemented wordpress with a laravel site, and you could use wordpress to take care of writing the blog. The way I did it thought was make a sub domain that points to a different directory housing the wordpress installation where you could write the blog, and I made laravel simply pull an rss feed from the blog on that subdomain, then style the feed however I wanted on the laravel end.

Other than that, not sure what else you would do with the two in terms of synergy.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I don't think you would "integrate" wordpress with laravel, I think you are not truly understanding the power of a framework. Laravel allows you to create your own wordpress.

Last updated 1 year ago.

webrevllc said:

I don't think you would "integrate" wordpress with laravel, I think you are not truly understanding the power of a framework. Laravel allows you to create your own wordpress.

^this

Last updated 1 year ago.

I think he meant to use WordPress' admin GUI in Laravel project, but then why use Laravel? With plugins, WordPress can be pretty powerful framework too.

Last updated 1 year ago.

I agree that integration seems a bit odd, but maybe we're arguing semantics. We recently used WordPress to provide a budget admin panel for an APi we built with node. We connected to the WP box through a local network and pulled out the content creating a structured JSON object we could then cache in mongo and provide through our API endpoints.

I could definitely see a reason for approaching it in this manner, if you're after an MVP, and your laravel build is more of a web app than a website. WordPress has a fairly generic and easy to customise admin so using Wordpress in this manner can get you where you need to go pretty quickly. Though I wouldn't necessarily recommend an approach like this for beginners, and if you're building a serious product over time your admin should probably be purpose built.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

minorusal minorusal Joined 29 Aug 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.