Support the ongoing development of Laravel.io →
posted 9 years ago
Laravel.io
Last updated 1 year ago.

I would support that, because stack exchange is brilliant and the quality of the answer is almost always much higher than here. It's not offensive against this laravel forum, but I think this forum is more for the starters of laravel. Every day there are new threads about "what is the best way" or "how we should start" etc.

A stack exchange only for laravel would be great goal and a good extension for this forum.

Last updated 1 year ago.

psychonetic said:

I would support that, because stack exchange is brilliant and the quality of the answer is almost always much higher than here. It's not offensive against this laravel forum, but I think this forum is more for the starters of laravel. Every day there are new threads about "what is the best way" or "how we should start" etc.

A stack exchange only for laravel would be great goal and a good extension for this forum.

Exactly, also Stack Exchange Q&A gives you the best possible answers to your question listed down underneath your question. Many times on forums you need to search between the pages and read every line of text to find the best answer.

Last updated 1 year ago.

psychonetic said:

Did you follow the proposal and spread the word? http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/76457/laravel

Last updated 1 year ago.

It's been tried before and failed. I wouldn't bother. Stack Overflow is fine. Just follow the laravel and laravel-4 tags. Also use the forums here. Contribute if you want.

Last updated 1 year ago.

jasonlewis said:

It's been tried before and failed. I wouldn't bother. Stack Overflow is fine. Just follow the laravel and laravel-4 tags. Also use the forums here. Contribute if you want.

Alright, I think I'm gonna fail to because of the lack of activity.
I'll accept Stack Overflow and Laravel.io as main resource for my answers and maybe create my own selection of FAQ(with answers included).

Last updated 1 year ago.

It's just really hard to break into that Stack Exchange area, that's all. Plus it fragments the resources even more. At the moment people can ask for help at the following places:

And, of course, here. Plus there's several communities that exist for exclusive languages, like Laravel France, and others.

There's probably a few others that I've missed. Seriously though, once Laravel.IO improves upon itself this forum here should be the go to for help.

Last updated 1 year ago.

jasonlewis said:

It's just really hard to break into that Stack Exchange area, that's all. Plus it fragments the resources even more. At the moment people can ask for help at the following places:

And, of course, here. Plus there's several communities that exist for exclusive languages, like Laravel France, and others.

There's probably a few others that I've missed. Seriously though, once Laravel.IO improves upon itself this forum here should be the go to for help.

Thanks for your reply and all the resources that you've included :)
I just left the proposal alone but there are still people following it, maybe it grows to the next phase.

Last updated 1 year ago.

Sign in to participate in this thread!

Eventy

Your banner here too?

0x1ad2 0x1ad2 Joined 31 May 2014

Moderators

We'd like to thank these amazing companies for supporting us

Your logo here?

Laravel.io

The Laravel portal for problem solving, knowledge sharing and community building.

© 2024 Laravel.io - All rights reserved.